Thursday, June 7, 2012

Something Radical


What has begun as a very personal work in my life has deepened into a cry for breakthrough for my generation. I believe that God desires to do something completely radical that goes against our cultural and empirical instincts, a drastic stance that will unlock our destiny. This something is called trust.

Three years ago I read this scripture while sitting in an airport, and it has not stopped speaking to me since: “Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday” (Psalm 37:5-6). The word “commit” was marked by a note in the margin saying “roll off onto.” BAM! I felt the impact.

Imagine pushing a huge rock over the top of a hill. You are in control until that one moment when you have crossed the point of no return and the stone builds momentum as it bounds down the hill and there is no getting it back. This picture provokes my imagination to the implications of trust. I can either fully commit everything to the Lord and roll my cares off onto Him, or I can try to manage control myself until I become so weary that the stone rolls back on me and I am crushed.

read full article here.

No comments: